This article is written by guest writer and my friend Matt from CanesandCoffee.com.
After a quiet TV start the the Carolina Hurricanes season with 6 straight games on the road during the North Carolina State Fair, the Carolina Hurricanes will kick off their home season at PNC Arena on Friday night (October 28) against the New York Rangers.
The Hurricanes are coming off an improved 2015-16 season and enter the 2016-17 season with a team filled with youth. The team features 2 players under 20 years old and 6 more players who are 24 or younger. The combination of youth and and improved play during the 2015-16 season bodes well for a return to the NHL playoffs in the near future.
You can find a preview for the 2016-17 season at Canes and Coffee that identifies 5 keys for the Hurricanes to push back into the NHL playoffs.
For those looking to plan a trip or two to PNC Arena to cheer on the Carolina Hurricanes, here is a quick list of great games to target through the end of 2016:
- Friday, October 28 vs. New York Rangers: The home opener will include a South Plaza Party with live music and games, and everyone who attends the home opener will receive a pretty sweet Canes hat. Details for the home opener, festivities and giveaway are HERE.
- Saturday, November 12 vs. Washington Capitals: This early-season will include Veterans Day Appreciation and is also the first visit of the season by Alexander Ovechkin and the long-time division rival Capitals.
- Friday, November 18 vs. Montreal Canadiens: This game is the first in a brand new “Hurricanes Homegrown Series” that will feature local beer, art, food and live music during the 2 intermissions. You can learn more about the “Homegrown” series at the Hurricanes web site.
- Friday, December 23 vs. Boston Bruins: This match up at the front end of the winter holiday season is a great way to catch holiday Hurricanes hockey either with relatives or just before they arrive to visit.
- Friday, December 30 vs. Chicago Blackhawks: This holiday season game features the high-powered Blackhawks and also the second installment of the “Hurricanes Homegrown
Series.” (see above)
To track the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2016-17, please check out Canes and Coffee which is a local, independent website that provides daily coverage of Carolina Hurricanes hockey.
1 CommentMake A Comment
Leave a comment
- Download the Wake County Schools’ 2017 Calendars July 20, 2016
- Hurricanes Tracking To Another City? June 7, 2016
- RDU Unveils Master Plan Paths June 1, 2016
- Take an Amtrak Getaway to…Durham April 22, 2016
- Summer ‘16 Promises Huge Concert Season April 19, 2016
- Publix Coming to Downtown Raleigh April 18, 2016
- Daniels Middle School to Build Skyboxes April 1, 2016
- North Carolina Scores Big in Beard Semifinalist List February 17, 2016
- 2015: A Year of Openings and Closings December 31, 2015
- Raleigh’s Top 30 Stories for 2015 December 31, 2015
- 16 Podcasts To Save You from Sports Radio October 23, 2015
- Public Meeting on Fairview Fire Station Coming Monday October 5, 2015
- Parade of Homes Begins Tomorrow October 2, 2015
- Oktoberfest Coming to Booth Amphitheatre This Weekend October 1, 2015
- Traffic Circles Removed from Currituck Design April 28, 2015