On the weekend of May 18, the Blue Angels return to the fantastic Wings Over Wayne Airshow. The two-day event will feature performances also by the U.S. Army Golden Knights, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Rob Holland, ACC Heritage P-51/A-10/F-4/F-15E, A-10 Demonstration Team, Stallion 51, F-4 Phantom Demonstration Team, KC-135 Stratotanker, and the Combined Arms Demo F-15E/F-16/AT-38/KC-135.
The Blue Angels will perform at 2pm on Saturday, however, and gates open for the viewing area at 8am. If you have never seen this group, they are flat-out awesome (and I rarely use that word). As someone who was named after an Air Force pilot who went down in training, the power and danger of these maneuvers hits home, however I can honestly say that watching the Blue Angels from the Wilber’s parking lot a few years ago is one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed.
No CommentsMake A Comment
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Daniels Middle School to Build Skyboxes April 1, 2016
- North Carolina Scores Big in Beard Semifinalist List February 17, 2016
- 2015: A Year of Openings and Closings December 31, 2015
- Raleigh’s Top 30 Stories for 2015 December 31, 2015
- 16 Podcasts To Save You from Sports Radio October 23, 2015
- Public Meeting on Fairview Fire Station Coming Monday October 5, 2015
- Parade of Homes Begins Tomorrow October 2, 2015
- Oktoberfest Coming to Booth Amphitheatre This Weekend October 1, 2015
- Traffic Circles Removed from Currituck Design April 28, 2015
- 125 Concerts to Rock Your Summer April 3, 2015
- Cameron Village Planning Parking Decks April 1, 2015
- Let The Madness Begin! March 17, 2015
- Fury 325 Test Run POV Hits Internet March 6, 2015
- North Carolina Loses The Great Teacher February 9, 2015
- City Lays Markings for Currituck Obstacle Course February 4, 2015