America’s top touring comedian, Jim Gaffigan, is finally coming to the Triangle! The performance will be Saturday, March 16 at the DPAC in Durham. No info is available from the DPAC site… yet.
With a surprising last-minute scheduling move, Goodnights Comedy Club just announced that former SNL cast member Rob Schneider will perform Saturday night and Sunday night at the comedy club. Tickets are $28.25 for a standard table and are available through the club’s website.
John Hodgman’s "The End Is Nigh" book tour show kicks off on Wednesday, November 9 at the Durham Armory. To get things started, Hodgeman has selected Megafaun to perform at the event. This is Megafaun’s first show kicking off a southeast tour supporting their self-titled album out now on Hometapes.
The event celebrates the release of the final book in of The Daily Show star’s trilogy of fake trivia, That Is All.
The outstanding rookies include Paul “Tiny” Sturgess, the world’s tallest pro basketball player at 7-8, Jonte “Too Tall” Hall, the shortest Globetrotter ever at 5-2, and Fatima “TNT” Maddox of Temple University, the team’s first female player since 1993 and ninth female in team history.
The new Globetrotters also feature the top three finishers from the 2011 College Slam Dunk Contest, including the reigning champ Jacob “Hops” Tucker. At 5-10, Tucker sports a 50-inch vertical leap, and his YouTube videos have garnered well over four million views. Tucker joins slam dunk runner-up John “Jet” Williams of UNC-Asheville and semifinalist Darnell “Spider” Wilks of the University of Cincinnati.
The 2012 rookie class has a total of three seven-footers including 7-4 Jermaine “Stretch” Middleton, the third-tallest player in team history, and 7-foot Anthony “Biggie” McClain. At 7-8, Sturgess becomes the tallest Globetrotter ever after a career at Mountain State University (W.Va.). He is the 19th internationally born player in team history, hailing from Loughborough, England.
“The Globetrotters are excited to welcome a new generation of stars to carry on the storied tradition of the world’s most entertaining basketball team,” said Globetrotters CEO Kurt Schneider. “This year’s rookie class features some of the most talented and promising players from across the world.”
Current Globetrotters stars Special K Daley, Big Easy Lofton, Flight Time Lang, Dizzy Grant, Scooter Christensen, and many others will team up with the world class rookies for nearly 270 games on the North American portion of the World Tour, bringing the Globetrotter magic to over 230 cities in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and five Canadian provinces.
Player rosters in each city will vary and are subject to change.
One of the legends of comedy is coming back to Durham! Bill Cosby will be performing at the DPAC on Saturday, January 21. General Public tickets go on sale tomorrow (8/26) at 10am.
Durham and Bill Cosby have always had a special relationship. Readers may recall that Russell and Anna Huxtable, Cosby’s fictional parents on the show “Cosby”, met in Durham before moving to Philadelphia and then New Jersey. Cosby last performed in Durham during March of 2009.
On Saturday, July 16 Chris Tucker will come to Raleigh’s Memorial Auditorium. Tickets are on sale now.
- Download the Wake County Schools’ 2017 Calendars July 20, 2016
- Hurricanes Tracking To Another City? June 7, 2016
- RDU Unveils Master Plan Paths June 1, 2016
- Take an Amtrak Getaway to…Durham April 22, 2016
- Summer ‘16 Promises Huge Concert Season April 19, 2016
- Publix Coming to Downtown Raleigh April 18, 2016
- Daniels Middle School to Build Skyboxes April 1, 2016
- North Carolina Scores Big in Beard Semifinalist List February 17, 2016
- 2015: A Year of Openings and Closings December 31, 2015
- Raleigh’s Top 30 Stories for 2015 December 31, 2015
- 16 Podcasts To Save You from Sports Radio October 23, 2015
- Public Meeting on Fairview Fire Station Coming Monday October 5, 2015
- Parade of Homes Begins Tomorrow October 2, 2015
- Oktoberfest Coming to Booth Amphitheatre This Weekend October 1, 2015
- Traffic Circles Removed from Currituck Design April 28, 2015