It’s been a long time coming, but I’ve confirmed that Chick-Fil-A will indeed be coming to Cameron Village. A year ago word was that they would occupy the old dry cleaners site behind McDonalds (map it). There is no indication that anything has changed. The only clue I got was that the plans reveal a two-story store with a very glassy dining area that extends over the drive-thru line.
Forbes Magazine has released its 2008 survey of America’s most wired U.S. cities, and Raleigh ranks #3. The list is based on the percentage of internet users with high-speed access, access to public hot spots, and variety of ISPs.
Forbes Magazine ranked Raleigh as its 9th best city for jobs in America, a list the city topped in 2007. The list is compiled by equally weighing five data points for each of the US’ biggest 100 cities. Raleigh ranked 54th in Median Household Income, 22nd in Unemployment, 23rd in Income Growth, 46th in Cost of Living, and 19th in Job Growth. Atlanta, #4, was the only other southern city in the top 10.
- Download the Wake County Schools’ 2017 Calendars July 20, 2016
- Hurricanes Tracking To Another City? June 7, 2016
- RDU Unveils Master Plan Paths June 1, 2016
- Take an Amtrak Getaway to…Durham April 22, 2016
- Summer ‘16 Promises Huge Concert Season April 19, 2016
- Publix Coming to Downtown Raleigh April 18, 2016
- Daniels Middle School to Build Skyboxes April 1, 2016
- North Carolina Scores Big in Beard Semifinalist List February 17, 2016
- 2015: A Year of Openings and Closings December 31, 2015
- Raleigh’s Top 30 Stories for 2015 December 31, 2015
- 16 Podcasts To Save You from Sports Radio October 23, 2015
- Public Meeting on Fairview Fire Station Coming Monday October 5, 2015
- Parade of Homes Begins Tomorrow October 2, 2015
- Oktoberfest Coming to Booth Amphitheatre This Weekend October 1, 2015
- Traffic Circles Removed from Currituck Design April 28, 2015