Tucked away, however, in the slide show are images of some other unannounced projects, too:
- The high-rise condos planned for the space next to the Brothers Cleaners drive-thru are still present.
- The two high-rise buildings that were once denied by the Raleigh City Council still appear in the plan. The buildings would sit in the vast surface parking lot between Six Forks Road and Coquette, and Lassiter Mill. The plan shows the removal of the Exxon station at the corner.
- First Citizens’ low-rise crescent shaped office building adjacent to their odd circular building at Lassiter Mill and Six Forks is also present.
- At North Hills East, a low-rise building is present between Sparians and the Camelot/Dartmouth intersection.
- A very tall cluster of buildings is depicted between Piola and I-440, where Aldert Root School temporarily sat a few years ago. Originally this area was to hold a retirement development, but with an amphitheater going in at that end of the development, I certainly hope the plans have changed.
- Most interesting, though, is the pair of high-rises, taller than the Renaissance Hotel, that would replace the JCPenney parking deck. The current deck has seen better days, for sure. Currituck Road is not depicted in the view, however this pair would best logically fit between the Currituck extension and the existing JCP.
- The Ramblewood developments appear, as backward as they are, to be in place as being constructed now. (Why in the world are the single-family homes up at Ramblewood at the main traffic outlet while the high-density condo buildings are stuck in the back adjacent to Drewry Hills houses? )
- The (recently razed) BB&T and former Bank of America buildings across Six Forks from the fire station are still present, indicating some error in this master plan.
The plan looks good from the birds eye view, though the complex is going to have to have a lot more parking than it currently has. When that parking is built, hopefully it will make more sense than the CapTrust tower’s parking; the creepiest parking garage in Raleigh.
- North Hills Beach Music Season Begins Tonight April 18, 2013
- Summer Bringing Great Triangle Concerts April 17, 2013
- Did Chef Wanted’s Portrayal of Coquette Go “Afowl”? April 15, 2013
- Charter Square Enters New Chapter with Announcement April 11, 2013
- Southern Living Taps Durham as South’s “Tastiest Town” April 9, 2013
- Download/Subscribe to the Durham Bulls Calendar April 9, 2013
- Download the Wake County School 2014 Calendars April 7, 2013
- Coquette Featured on Tonight’s “Chef Wanted” April 4, 2013
- Help From Down Lo’: Remembering The Cardiac Pack April 4, 2013
- Pondering Greensboro’s Future April 3, 2013
- Cirque’s Quidam Coming to PNC April 3, 2013
- Blockbuster Video Closing Another Raleigh Location April 2, 2013
- WRDU Returns to Air April 2, 2013
- Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson Coming to TWC Pavilion April 2, 2013
- Durham Discusses New Tower April 2, 2013